Not satisfied with the success of last year’s Ultimate Mom Blogger contest, we’re looking for even more fabulous mom bloggers in Vancouver!
Nominate your favourites who didn’t make the list last year – we’re putting together an all-new list of the Fabulous 30 Blogs by Vancouver Moms. We’ll then leave it to you, our valued readers, to choose the mother of all mom blogs by voting on our top 30 list.
How to Qualify:
- The site needs to be a blog based on the Wikipedia definition: “a type of web site, usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. Entries are commonly displayed in reverse-chronological order.”
- The blog needs to be primarily written by a mom. It can have several guest or regular contributors, but the main owner of the blog must be a mom.
- The mom must live in Metro Vancouver. Check out the right sidebar on this page to find out what cities and municipalities qualify.
- Topics can vary. You just need to be a mom who blogs. Blogs with classic “mommy blog” material can be submitted, along with almost anything else (as long as it’s not illegal, pornographic or about gambling or anything).
- The blog can be corporate. If you know of a witty mom entrepreneur blog that’s part of a larger company, feel free to submit them.
- The blog has to be well-established (a few months old), well written and designed, as well as updated on a semi-regular basis (at least a couple times a week).
- Both blogs with their own domain name or one hosted with WordPress, Blogger or another service (e.g. fabulousblogname.wordpress.com) are acceptable.
- VancouverMom.ca reserves the right to decide who will and won’t be on the Fabulous 30 list. Along with some of the ones you nominate, we’ll also be adding ones that we feel should be added to the list.
- Blogs that made last year’s Top 30 list remain in our hall of fame forever, and are not eligible for nomination this year. Visit last year’s post to find out was on the 2010 list.
How to Nominate:
- Submit your favourite blogs by commenting below. Don’t forget the URL!
- Be sure to say why you think the blog should be included.
- Nominate as many blogs as you want.
- Self nomination and shameless promotion are not just allowed, they are invited and encouraged!
- Nomination period: April 1 to 15
- Editorial period. We’ll be publishing profiles on VancouverMom.ca: April 18 to April 29
- Voting period. You get to vote on your favourite of the Fabulous 30: May 2 to May 6
- Winner Announced: Mother’s Day, May 8
What the Winner Gets:
A prize package to be announced, featuring products and/or services from some amazing local businesses. Plus, the ultimate prize of all: bragging rights!
Photo credit: Labour Union Photographers