We’re putting together a list of the Ultimate 30 Blogs by Vancouver Moms. This list will then be put to vote to you – our dear readers – who will choose which mom is the mother of them all!
How to Qualify:
1. Site needs to be a blog. You probably know what qualifies as a blog, but just in case you don’t, we’re going with the Wikipedia definition: “a type of web site, usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. Entries are commonly displayed in reverse-chronological order.”
2. The blog needs to be primarily written by a mom. The blog can have several guest or regular contributors, but the main owner of the blog must be a mom.
3. The mom needs to live in Metro Vancouver. Check out the right sidebar on this page to find out what cities and municipalities qualify.
4. Topics can vary. Blogs with classic “mommy blog” material can be submitted, along with really anything else – so long as it’s not illegal, pornographic or about gambling or anything, but I’m sure you probably guessed that part.
5. The blog can be corporate. If you know of a witty mom entrepreneur blog that’s part of a larger company, feel free to submit them.
6. The blog has to be well-established (a few months old), well written and designed, as well as updated on a semi-regular basis (at least a couple times a week).
7. Both blogs with their own domain name or one hosted with WordPress, Blogger or another service (e.g. fabulousblogname.wordpress.com) are acceptable.
8. VancouverMom.ca reserves the right to decide who will and won’t be on the Ultimate 30 list. Along with some of the ones you nominate, we’ll also be adding ones that we feel should be added to the list.
How to Nominate:
1. Submit your favourite blogs by commenting below. Don’t forget the URL!
2. Be sure to say why you think the blog should be included.
3. Nominate as many as you want. There are no limitations of how many you can add.
4. Self nomination and shameless promotion are ok – and in fact invited and encouraged!
1. Nomination period: March 4 to 28
2. Editorial period. We’ll be publishing profiles on VancouverMom.ca: March 29 to April 25
3. Voting period. You get to vote on your favourite of the Ultimate 30: April 26 to May 6
4. Winner Announced: Mother’s Day, May 9
What the Winner Gets:
A $100 gift certificate to www.luxe-design.com, where you can choose from a set design or customize your own necklace. Luxe is one of VancouverMom.ca’s 30 Essential Jewellery Designers and was featured in our segment on Breakfast Television.
A prize worth $50 from Raspberry Kids.
And of course bragging rights!!